Margaret River Wine Association encourages the responsible consumption of alcohol and recommends the following:
- don’t drink on an empty stomach;
- drink plenty of water;
- use spittoons; and
- if you plan to drive – choose a designated driver or take a guided wine route tour.
Help protect the vines that make our special wines.
Margaret River is one of the unique wine regions in the world that can grow vines on their own root system due to the absence of the vine pest Phylloxera (fil-ox-era). The minute aphid-like pest attacks grapevine roots and causes decline in vine health and ultimately impedes the vine’s capacity to produce. For more information visit the Phylloxera website.
Your shoes and clothing can spread pests and diseases. Please ensure you help protect Margaret River vines from phylloxera and other pests and diseases whilst visiting our region.
- Please don’t walk amongst our vines.
- Please do not enter vineyards without permission
- Please observe biosecurity protocols during your visit.