Margaret River is recognised amongst the world’s most compelling fine wine regions.
The Margaret River Wine Association (MRWA) Board and Staff is committed to creating value for the Margaret River wine industry by providing relevant and effective support and high-quality services.
Becoming a MRWA member entitles you to take advantage of a range of initiatives, services and activities that will benefit your business.
Under legislation all wine producers within Western Australia are required to pay a fee for service to the Agricultural Produce Commission (APC). The legislation provides Western Australian horticultural producers with the ability to self fund and direct their industry to further the growth, prosperity and security of growers, producers and agricultural industries within Western Australia.
The total charge payable has three components:
- State services rate for state wide services – calculated on total overall tonnes
- Regional GI rate for regional services– calculated on total tonnes for each GI location in which grapes were grown
- Biosecurity for all GI locations – calculated on total overall tonnes
Find out more at apcwa.org.au
The services provided to Wine Producers by the Margaret River Wine Association can be found here.
Grape Growers within the Margaret River GI are invited to join MRWA to receive the benefits as listed in the prospectus below.
Wine Industry Related Businesses
Businesses wishing to expose product or services to Wine Producers and Grape Growers may join Margaret River Wine as a Commercial Member to receive the benefits as listed in the prospectus.
Commercial Members wishing to receive additional benefits and promotional opportunities can take advantage of a number of sponsorship packages.
Please enquire about tailoring a sponsorship package to suit your needs.
The Margaret River Wine Association is the voice of the Margaret River wine industry, representing wine grape growers, wine producers and commercial enterprises aligned and affiliated with the Margaret River Wine Region. The Association continues to utilise our region’s focus on wine excellence and natural attractions as a point of distinction within Australia and internationally.
It is responsible for:
- Creating opportunities for members to market and promote their product through organised events and ongoing national and international regional profiling initiatives
- Marketing Margaret River as a region of distinction to national and international wine markets
- Representing members on all matters relating to the wine industry at all levels of industry, corporate and government
- Promoting industry development through research, education and training opportunities
- Through initiatives such as the Margaret River Wine Show, Viticultural Excellence Award and the Wine Tourism Excellence Award the Association encourages and promotes excellence in the production of wine grape growing, wine production and wine tourism