- Wine of Provenance Trophy
The classes eligible for the 2022 Wine of Provenance Trophy have been changed to White Wine (any variety) and Red Wine (any variety). Exhibits must comprise of three wines of the same variety/blend and label, please refer to the Exhibitor Schedule for conditions of entry.
- International Judge
We are excited to be welcoming back an International Judge for the first time since 2019. Madeleine Stenwreth MW will be joining us from Sweden.
- Gala Awards Presentation Luncheon
Trophies will be presented at a Gala Awards Luncheon on Friday 28 October at Credaro Family Estate Esther Gardens, Yelverton.
International Judge: Madeleine Stenwreth MW – Sweden
Cliff Royle – Winemaker & General Manager, Flametree Wines
Daniel Swincer – Chief Winemaker, Pernod Ricard
Emma Farrelly – Director of Wine, State Buildings
Feleasha Prendergast – Winemaker, Evans & Tate and Margaret River Vintners
Kate Laurie – Winemaker & Owner, Deviation Road
Liam McElhinney – General Manager & Chief Winemaker, Tasmanian Vintners
Lisa Jenkins – Sommelier and Owner, Fleet Wines
Stuart Hordern – Senior Winemaker, Brokenwood
WINE OF PROVENANCE JUDGES
Madeleine Stenwreth MW
- Please refer to the Exhibitor Schedule for the rules and regulations prior to entering.
- Enter via ShowRunner at wineshow.awri.com.au/2022-langtons-margaret-river-wine-show
- Mid-September: Exhibitor Schedule Released & Entries Open
- 9 October: Entries Close
- 19 & 20 October: Delivery of Exhibits
- Monday 24 to Wednesday 26 October: Wine Show Judging
- Thursday 27 October: Exhibitor Tasting
- Friday 28 October: Gala Awards Luncheon
ABOUT THE SHOW
Established in 2002 the Margaret River Wine Show has grown to become the most important event of the year for the local industry.
It provides critical assessment from Judges, selected for their expertise, from around Australia and the world (travel permitting). The judges provide independent feedback on the unique styles and variations of the wines and areas for improvement
Open only to producers of Margaret River GI wine the Langton’s Margaret River Wine Show:
- To provide an opportunity for local grape growers and winemakers to receive appraisal and feedback from some of the nation’s and the world’s best judges.
- Highlights the wine styles and signature varieties distinct to the Margaret River Wine Region.
- Promotes wine styles that excel in the Margaret River Wine Region.
- Showcases some of the best examples of Margaret River Wine.
- Recognizes excellence in the winery, the vineyard and the cellar door.
BOTTLE MEDAL STICKERS
Exhibitors can order bottle medal stickers through our long time Wine Show Sponsor, Labelmakers Group. Please contact [email protected] with the name of the show (2021 Langton’s Margaret River Wine Show), medal type and quantity required for a quote.
SOCIAL MEDIA TAGS