Tourism Council WA is offering a range of workshops in Busselton during February and May, providing you with the opportunity for professional development and to ensure you are up to date on the latest trends, research and opportunities for your business.
- Free Publicity for Your Tourism Business (May 28) - learn how to craft a story and get it in front of the right people. The workshop will look at all media channels, including newspaper, TV, radio, websites, blogs and social media platforms. We will also cover the ways to work with Tourism Western Australia to host famils, and how to do it yourself.
- Effective Marketing for Tourism Businesses (May 28) - This workshop is designed to demystify the process and help you develop a marketing plan for your business that will help you understand your target market ensuring no marketing dollar is wasted. The plan will become a framework to follow, mapping out your goals and how you plan to achieve them.
- Your Tourism Business Online: Google, SEO & SEM (May 29) - This workshop can help you understand what makes a good website and give you helpful advice about creating, maintaining, or updating your own. We will help you understand and utilise search engine optimisation, search engine marketing, Google Analytics, organic ways to improve your search engine rankings and how to create really useful reports.
- Understanding Target Markets: Interstate & International (May 29) – This workshop will help you understand key interstate and international markets for your region and how to best reach your audience. It will also cover the latest market insights on interstate and international trends and booking channels that your market already uses. You will learn how to understand booking lead times and travel times and how key distribution partners can help promote your business.
- Sustainability Briefing (May 29) - This free briefing will provide tourism businesses with effective tools to commence and progress their sustainability journey. Briefing attendees will gain an understanding of how they can apply sustainability principles to their tourism business across their cultural, environmental, social and commercial operations.
- Tourism Connect networking (May 29), each Tourism Council WA member receives two complimentary tickets.
Registrations now open! For more information, or to register, click on the links above or visit www.tourismcouncilwa.com.au. Please note, spaces are limited. Tourism Council WA members receive a 50 per cent discount on training workshops.