Now is a great time to invest in a few bottles of Chardy to enjoy at home or with friends, while practising social distancing, of course.
- Visit the Margaret River Wine SHOP and get a few bottles of Chardy as some many of wineries are offering some pretty special wines with home-delivery.
- Specifically, to celebrate International Chardonnay:
- Passel Estate have released a limited edition vertical consisting of three bottles of our elegant 2016 vintage and three bottles of our new release, the 2017 Passel Estate Chardonnay, currently only available in this special six pack. Order now and join Passel Estate's founders, Wendy and Barry, for a comparative tasting of the two vintages on International Chardonnay Day (details below).
- Cape Mentelle have put together a special 3 bottle Chardonnay Day bundle that features two exclusive back vintages (2011 and 2012) and the current release which received 97 pts by James Halliday. The detailed offer is available here. Offer valid until 22 May.
- Victory Point International Chardonnay Day Offer: 3 bottle offer – one each from vintage 2015, 2016, 2017 for $100. Contact [email protected] to order.
- Calneggia Family Vineyards International Chardonnay Day Offer: 30% off any Chardonnay from the CFV online shop when you use the coupon code intcharday at the checkout. Click here to buy. Offer ends 31 May 2020.
- Peccavi Wines International Chardonnay Day Offer: a limited release of the 2008 Peccavi Estate Chardonnay in a special six bottle pack, available to purchase on the website for $350 including GST and free shipping.
- Check out the latest Blog by Erin Larkin
Wed 20 May -
- Don't forget to pop your Chardy in the fridge....
- Clairault Streicker Wines are hosting a Zoom session exploring the wonderful world of Chardonnay!
@ 4:00pm AWST tune in as Senior Winemaker Bruce Dukes, Viticulturist and Senior Vineyard Manager Chris Gillmore and Distribution & Marketing Manager Dave Cribbin lead an informative and casual chat on Zoom. The wine of the day will be the Clairault Estate Chardonnay 2017. Learn about the winemaking and vineyard behind this award-winning wine, chat all things Margaret River Chardonnay and finish with any questions you may have. Come prepared with a Chardonnay of choice and questions! Bruce, Chris & Dave will be tasting the Clairault Estate Chardonnay 2017. To register your interest, email [email protected]
Thurs 21 May -
- La Kooki 2019 Right Side of Racy Chardonnay Release
- Cape Mentelle winemaker Ben Cane will be hosting a Virtual Tasting session at 4pm AWST/6pm AEST for you all the way from the beautiful and remote Margaret River. He will take you on a journey starting with a history of the region, the estate and then a vertical Chardonnay tasting followed by a live Q&A.
- Visit Passel Estate's Facebook page at 5.30pm (AWST) for an in depth tasting and discussion about the queen of the grapes, Chardonnay. Wendy and Barry will be opening a bottle of both the 2016 and 2017 vintages, to compare the merits of each and the differences in the growing and harvest conditions of each year.
Fri 22 May -
- Join Voyager Estate at 3.30pm (WA/Singapore/Hong Kong) in Celebrating Chardonnay Virtual Tasting that we’re hosting for Chardonnay Day. Open to all and is free. Hosted by our Sommelier Claire Tonon with Head of Winemaking & Viticulture Steve James as well as Winemaker Travis Lemm there to impart their knowledge and answer questions!
- Cabin Fever Friday Wine Bar will celebrating our "International Chardonnay Week" by rounding up some of Margaret River’s all-star winemakers and beaming them directly to you – wherever you may be, at 6pm (WA/Singapore) via Instagram Live (follow @cabinfever_au)
Dreaming of doing a Margaret River Chardonnay grand tour? This Chardonnay Trail features a mix of some of the region's most iconic and some outstanding up-and-comers! Is certainly a great place to start your holiday planning.
From Monday May 18, the travel restrictions from Perth-Peel, Great Southern and the Wheatbelt to the South West will be removed. We are looking forward to welcoming visitors back to Margaret River Wine Region, but things will be a little bit different as we all adjust to the social distancing measures. Wine Tastings in WA are still not allowed unless having a meal. To see the most up-to date-list of WHAT'S OPEN, make sure you click here.
- For your chance to WIN a mystery 6 pack of Margaret River Chardonnay from Margaret River Wine Association, on International Chardonnay Day (May 21) post a picture of your Chardonnay on Instagram, Tag #margaretriverchardonnay and #InternationalChardonnayDay and FOLLOW @margaret_river_wine
- To celebrate International Chardonnay Day our friends at the Good Food & Wine Show are running a competition to WIN 6 bottles of the regions finest award-winning Chardonnays delivered straight to your door! The prize includes 6 bottles of Gold Medal winning Chardonnay from the Margaret River Wine Show cellar including:
1 x @deepwoodsestate Reserve Chardonnay 2017
1 x @devilslairwines Chardonnay 2016
1 x @evansandtate Redbrook Chardonnay 2015
1 x @heydonestate The Willow Chardonnay 2016
1 x @vassefelixwines Heytesbury Chardonnay 2015
1 x @xanaduwines Reserve Chardonnay 2014For your chance to WIN all you have to do is:
1️⃣ LIKE this post
2️⃣ TAG a wine lover you’d share this with
3️⃣ Both FOLLOW @margaret_river_wine & @goodfoodwine