The FWO has indicated its Inspectors will commence vineyard visits around the time that pruning is underway, and further inspections will be undertaken during the vintage 2022 grape harvest. See fact sheet here on your recordkeeping obligations under federal legislation.
Australian Grape & Wine understands they will be focussing on:
- underpayment of hourly rates;
- the application of overtime to casual employees;
- piecework arrangements (operationalising the FWO guide to piecework arrangements);
- pay slip and record keeping obligations; and
- payroll deductions.
Producers who require further assistance can contact the following:
- CCIWA provides some advice free of charge to Wines of WA members. Contact [email protected] using the subject line FWO Audit Advice
- South Australian Wine Industry Association can provide fee for service advice if required. Contact Henrik Wallgren on [email protected]
Wines of WA is liaising with CCIWA and SA Wine Industry Association to ensure WA producers have access to required information ahead of the audits.
Read the full details, including the impacts on Australian grape and wine producers here.