Both brands will be working closely together as they look to further curate their ranges to ensure they are locally relevant and reflective of current and future growth areas. Of particular focus are submissions in the following areas:
- Across all varietals and price points (although of particular interest in classic varietals); they are looking for products that satisfy different lifestyle & occasion needs e.g. Organic, Vegan, Lower Alcohol, Non-alcoholic/Alcohol Free and Other Attributes/Claims (e.g Certified Biodynamic, No Preservatives Added, Preservative Free, Sustainable Winery etc). These may be overt call outs on front label or supported by more discreet back label or shelf edge ticketing communication
- New pack formats and bottle types across all varietals and price points
- $25 - $100 wines with provenance across all varietals for higher wine mix stores; representing 100 of our most important Dan Murphy’s and 300 of our most important BWS wine stores across the country.
- $20+ wines across the following varietals; Gamay, Grenache & Grenache Blends, Malbec, Montepulciano, Nebbiolo, Barbera, Nero d’Avola, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo and other unique varietals / blends with a particular focus on wines with regionality and provenance
Other important points to note:
- All NPD will be expected to hit pre agreed hurdle rates; an initial review will be conducted 13 weeks post implementation and failure to meet these will require successful plans to address performance to maintain ranging
- Where proposed or likely ranging includes a small number of stores and / or projected velocity would see movement of <1 pallet a month through our DC network, Fulfilled By Endeavour or direct to store delivery would be the preferred distribution method. Speak to your relevant category manager if more information is required.
Dan Murphy’s Only
The red wine range review does not cover their entire red wine range. The following areas are Out Of Scope for this review, with these reviewed at different times of the year:
- Cellar Release
- Value Bins
- Wines Of The World (mainly products that aren’t varietally labelled)
- Non-alcoholic/Alcohol Free
Whilst they are looking for new products to add to the existing range, they’ll also be reviewing the existing range based on the following metrics:
- Commercial Metrics - Sales per store, Growth, Profit
- Customer Metrics - Customer Loyalty & Product Substitutability
- Supply Metrics - Supply Service Levels
- Logistical Efficiency
All products will be reviewed against their competitive set within each brand.
Range contraction will occur in varietals / price nodes with range duplication. Products that do not provide differentiation and / or have low customer loyalty will be removed from range. BWS in particular will be reviewing SKU proliferation in some store clusters, which may lead to a net reduction in those stores.
Change To Timelines and Process
Please read the following carefully as it contains important information regarding changes to timelines and submission processes.
If your product matches the above criteria and you wish to submit for ranging in either Dan Murphy’s and / or BWS, please complete the 2022 Endeavour Drinks Red Wine Submission Form no later than Friday 15th October. No physical product samples are required at this stage.
Suppliers of shortlisted products will then be invited to submit physical samples (either tank samples or finished goods) for assessment. All submissions will need to be made to the Endeavour Drinks Wine Panel via the Sample Submission Form with samples sent to Endeavour Drinks Wine Panel - Red Wine Review at 789 Heidelberg Road, Alphington, Victoria 3078 by no later than Friday 19th November.
Please do not send physical samples unless asked to do so.
Suppliers of successful products will then be invited to enter details into Partner Hub (if you do not have access to Partner Hub, please contact [email protected] in advance) with full set up needing to be complete by no later than Friday 24th December.
Please appreciate that they often receive in excess of 1,000 submissions and will not be able to provide feedback on all products to all suppliers, but they will endeavour to notify of any range changes in a timely manner.
The Endeavour Drinks Wine Team
Ian Wolfe - Category Manager Endeavour Fine Wine West - [email protected]
Mark Samaha - Assistant Category Manager Endeavour Fine Wine West - [email protected]
Rick Blundo - Assistant Category Manager Endeavour Fine Wine West - [email protected]