Thursday 22 October 6pm AWST
Join us to explore the breathtaking Margaret River region and its fresh, elegant Chardonnays. Discover how the region’s maritime influences, ancient soils, modern history and Gingin clones all contribute to create this unique style.
Winemakers Steve James (Voyager Estate) and Virginia Willcock (Vasse Felix) will be beaming in live from Margaret River, whilst Tom Cannavan leads the conversation and fields questions.
The winemakers will be sharing their experiences in the vineyard and winery as well as their perspectives on the region and the wines. Find out what’s special about Margaret River and why it’s such a hotspot for Chardonnay. Discover the opportunities and challenges working with this grape variety, what the winemakers are learning and how they’re adapting.
Tom, Steve and Virginia will be tasting and talking about these six wines during the webinar:
- Thompson Estate Chardonnay 2018
- Flametree S.R.S. Wallcliffe Chardonnay 2018
- Vasse Felix Heytesbury Chardonnay 2018
- McHenry Hohnen Hazel’s Vineyard Chardonnay 2017
- Voyager Estate MJW Chardonnay 2017
- Xanadu Reserve Chardonnay 2017