Dan Murphy’s would like to take this opportunity to invite submissions for the 2022 Dan Murphy’s and BWS Red Wine range review. In store live dates are early May with initial orders expected early April.
Both brands will be working closely together as they look to further curate their ranges to ensure they are locally relevant and reflective of current and future growth areas. Of particular focus are submissions in the following areas:
- Across all varietals and price points (although of particular interest in classic varietals); they are looking for products that satisfy different lifestyle & occasion needs e.g. Organic, Vegan, Lower Alcohol, Non-alcoholic/Alcohol Free and Other Attributes/Claims (e.g Certified Biodynamic, No Preservatives Added, Preservative Free, Sustainable Winery etc). These may be overt call outs on front label or supported by more discreet back label or shelf edge ticketing communication
- New pack formats and bottle types across all varietals and price points
- $25 – $100 wines with provenance across all varietals for higher wine mix stores; representing 100 of our most important Dan Murphy’s and 300 of our most important BWS wine stores across the country.
- $20+ wines across the following varietals; Gamay, Grenache & Grenache Blends, Malbec, Montepulciano, Nebbiolo, Barbera, Nero d’Avola, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo and other unique varietals / blends with a particular focus on wines with regionality and provenance
Other important points to note:
- All NPD will be expected to hit pre agreed hurdle rates; an initial review will be conducted 13 weeks post implementation and failure to meet these will require successful plans to address performance to maintain ranging
- Where proposed or likely ranging includes a small number of stores and / or projected velocity would see movement of <1 pallet a month through our DC network, Fulfilled By Endeavour or direct to store delivery would be the preferred distribution method. Speak to your relevant category manager if more information is required.
Dan Murphy’s Only
The red wine range review does not cover their entire red wine range. The following areas are Out Of Scope for this review, with these reviewed at different times of the year:
- Cellar Release
- Value Bins
- Wines Of The World (mainly products that aren’t varietally labelled)
- Non-alcoholic/Alcohol Free
Whilst they are looking for new products to add to the existing range, they’ll also be reviewing the existing range based on the following metrics:
- Commercial Metrics – Sales per store, Growth, Profit
- Customer Metrics – Customer Loyalty & Product Substitutability
- Supply Metrics – Supply Service Levels
- Logistical Efficiency
All products will be reviewed against their competitive set within each brand.
Range contraction will occur in varietals / price nodes with range duplication. Products that do not provide differentiation and / or have low customer loyalty will be removed from range. BWS in particular will be reviewing SKU proliferation in some store clusters, which may lead to a net reduction in those stores.
Change To Timelines and Process
Please read the following carefully as it contains important information regarding changes to timelines and submission processes.
If your product matches the above criteria and you wish to submit for ranging in either Dan Murphy’s and / or BWS, please complete the 2022 Endeavour Drinks Red Wine Submission Form no later than Friday 15th October. No physical product samples are required at this stage.
Suppliers of shortlisted products will then be invited to submit physical samples (either tank samples or finished goods) for assessment. All submissions will need to be made to the Endeavour Drinks Wine Panel via the Sample Submission Form with samples sent to Endeavour Drinks Wine Panel – Red Wine Review at 789 Heidelberg Road, Alphington, Victoria 3078 by no later than Friday 19th November.
Please do not send physical samples unless asked to do so.
Suppliers of successful products will then be invited to enter details into Partner Hub (if you do not have access to Partner Hub, please contact [email protected] in advance) with full set up needing to be complete by no later than Friday 24th December.
Please appreciate that they often receive in excess of 1,000 submissions and will not be able to provide feedback on all products to all suppliers, but they will endeavour to notify of any range changes in a timely manner.
The Endeavour Drinks Wine Team
Ian Wolfe – Category Manager Endeavour Fine Wine West – [email protected]
Mark Samaha – Assistant Category Manager Endeavour Fine Wine West – [email protected]
Rick Blundo – Assistant Category Manager Endeavour Fine Wine West – [email protected]
A Margaret River Wine stall is available each week for one MRWA Wine Producer member to:
- Build brand awareness
- Conduct sampling
- Collect sign-ups to database and wine clubs
- Sell wine
The cost is $45 per week for eligible producers who meet this criteria:
- Must have paid Agricultural Produce Commission Fee For Service for Margaret River fruit.
- Must only sell wines labelled Margaret River GI. No other produce/products to be sold.
- Must crush 50 tonnes or less of fruit for own label.
- Stallholder must be the grower, the producer, or employees who are substantially involved in the production process of the wine sold.
- Any persons selling alcohol at the market is required to hold a RSA certificate.
Stall bookings will be released in 3-month blocks. Each producer can make one booking per block.
Should you wish to book more regularly, please let us know at [email protected] and we will let you know what is available.
Make your booking via the links below (be quick “first in best dressed”!).
Download Criteria & Guidelines
Book stall April to June 2022
Book stall July to September 2022
27 November 2021 – “What a fabulously organised and welcoming vibe the Margaret River Farmers Market has! Arriving and getting set up was super easy, we had been allocated an incredible corner spot and being able to borrow a marquee from the organisers made it so smooth for us. The other stallholders gave us plenty of tips and help, and the reception from the attendees was engaged and positive. We even sold a bunch of wine! A great way to reach potential customers who are already shopping local. ” Sarah Flynn, Victory Point Wine
6 November 2021 – “We were smashed!! Had we been open for another 30min we would’ve run out of wine!!” Ian Batt, Small Things Wine
2 October 2021 – “A great position – north and east facing stall. A wonderful opportunity to re-engage with the Margaret River community, have your brand associated with Margaret River’s regional produce and be on the top of passer’s by minds when visiting their next cellar door. Looking forward to showing off our wines at the stall again in late December.” Paris Hokin, Arlewood
Are you a producer looking to grow your wine-appreciating audience, build your brand and engage with like-minded boutique producers? Origins Market could be the perfect place to engage with people who appreciate quality wine, food and produce, and care about its source.
Origins Market opens in Busselton on 4 November and will be a market unlike anything else seen before in WA. It will celebrate our state’s best produce and be a destination in its own right. Our inspiration comes from the Borough Markets in London, the Oxbow Market in Napa and Barcelona’s Mercado de La Boqueria – but our focus is 100% local.
Within the market, which includes fresh produce, a roastery, bakery, deli, florist, seafood, butcher, condiments, dairy, health foods, artisan products, eateries, food trucks, a microbrewery and distillery, we have a dedicated and curated West Australian wine hub. We have a number of wineries already locked in but still have some space available like-minded wineries to provide tastings and wine sales and we will support you on this journey with a comprehensive national marketing campaign, staffing solutions, and fit-out. You will not need to apply for an additional liquor licence as we comply to a Market license.
Our location in the Power Centre development ensures foot traffic of 25,000 per week before we even open and when Jetstar commences flights from Melbourne in June, Busselton will truly be the gateway to the South West.
Applications close in July and I would love to speak to wine producers who share our ethos of community connection and blurring the lines between production and consumption. If you’re ready to take the next step and open up to new opportunities please let me know and I’ll arrange a time to meet.
Curator – Origins Market
+61 451 828 106
Download Origins Market prospectus
Download Origins Market Expression of Interest
My Ultimate Pairing is a concept designed to deliver concise information on a wine’s drinkability to general public wine consumers who DON’T think in terms of flavour notes, tannins and palate expression.
View pilot here.
The 59-second format engages a winemaker / cellar door manager / chef / winery owner in discussion with concept creator Sarina Kamini on why the chosen wine is delicious and/or representative of the winery experience, and how to match it.
The format is deliberately simple. We want viewers to find an uncomplicated portal of engagement: “I like that food. I like Cabernet. This video made it easy for me to imagine how yummy it would be to drink that wine. I’m going to buy it.”
The concept seeks to help wineries individualise their offering, to their market, in a region bustling with exceptional wineries.
The video will run on the winery’s socials, the MRWA socials, and Sarina’s socials simultaneously.
The series is aimed predominantly at – but not restricted to – smaller-scale wineries who may not have the content creation budget, but who still want to talk to consumers in video format.
45-minutes filming with Sarina Kamini.
The 59-second video will be presented as 1080 to fit Instagram and Facebook.
Titles of wine, and chosen winery representative. Finishing with the MRWA logo. The format will stick roughly to that of the pilot, though edit style, music and location will shift in order to represent the character of the winery and winemaker.
$300. Includes the 59-second video and a secondary, smaller video edit (15 to 30 seconds) of bloopers or a quiet moment that doesn’t fit the main narrative.
Send your expression of interest to Sarina at [email protected]
Many cellar doors and wineries already offer a discount to locals (usually 10% to 15%) but this is not widely known.
This Margaret River Wine campaign is aimed at locals, especially to sustain the upcoming quiet winter months.
Starting from 19th April (post school holidays) and will be supported by Social Media & Local Print Advertising.
To be listed on the page please complete this form.
Artwork Concepts: Click here.
Cost to participate: Free for MRWA members
For more information: Contact Pip Heaford
The US Market Entry Program provides in-market support to wineries interested in entering or re-entering the US market. It also provides in depth brand strategy support to wineries ready to move commercially in the market. Wine Australia offers guidance and marketing support in communications, import logistics and trade outreach, to assist entry-to-market and brand exposure needs. Collaboration with importer brokers, media outlets and key trade and media contacts will be a central focus of the Market Entry Program in FY’22.
Note applications opened 22 March 2021 and Wine Australia has a preferred sign-up date of 23 April 2021.
- Access detailed info on this program here.
Additional funding support and a market preparedness training program is offered through WA WINES TO THE WORLD for a maximum of 10 program participants. Assuming producers are also eligible for Wine Australia’s Wine Export Grants, this could mean producers pay as little as 25% of the $12,500 participation fee.
- Register for funding support (max 10 producers) through WA WINES TO THE WORLD here.
We welcome all program participants’ feedback. If you have any questions at all re the above please contact us.
Over the last 3-years the MRWA Export and Wine Tourism Plans have had a strategic focus on Singapore. Promotions have included in-market events, masterclasses, PR and famils to drive sales and support new exporters. Singapore has one of the highest values per litre for Margaret River wine at $15.62 (vs. USA at $11.99 and China at $12.75).
The “Margaret River Wine Tasting Series” will present WA’s best wines and personalities to this market in a virtual way.
- There would be a minimum of 20-30 guests per session, and four masterclasses in the month of April 2021
- Each masterclass would showcase of different wineries, which would be grouped based on themes
- Guests would buy a ticket to the F&B venue and a winemakers/ambassador will personally host the masterclasses via video conferencing from Margaret River
- Following the masterclass, guests will be directed to the www.margaretriver.wine/shop-singapore/ and encouraged to purchase their favourite wines at a special rate from the importer in Singapore or directly from the winery
Find out more here.
Submit your expression of interest here.
This program is supported by:
Access Asia Grants
#WAbusinessgrants #accessasia #asianengagement #internationalengagement
The 2021 Good Food & Wine Show presents the perfect opportunity for 12 Margaret River wineries to showcase at two major at-show touch points, the VIP lounge and the Margaret River Pavilion, plus a 12 month integrated marketing campaign and masterclass opportunities at the shows.
Margaret River Wine gained great exposure through the 2019 Good Food & Wine Show and the participating wineries sales offset a large portion of the cost of participation.
MRWA has reserved a Margaret River Pavilion and secured the VIP Lounge pourage for 2021 to maximise a 12-month marketing campaign. Tables will be limited.
Good Food Wine Show MRWA Proposal 2021 (updated April 2021)
Sydney: 17th – 19th September 2021
Brisbane: 22nd – 24th October 2021
Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre
Melbourne: 19th – 21st November 2021
Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre
Perth: 22nd – 24th July 2022
Perth Convention & Exhibition Centre
$1,500 + GST plus 8 doz bottles of wine per show for the VIP Lounge
$5,600 + GST plus 32 doz bottles for all 4 shows for the VIP Lounge
Note: the increase in 2020 pricing is due to the addition of two large archways to increase the Margaret River Pavilion branding
Register your interest
Register your interest in exhibiting in the Margaret River Pavillion here.
A deposit will be taken once places are confirmed.
Australian Wine Connect creates a bold new world of opportunities for Australian wineries to promote their products via Wine Australia’s 24/7 virtual platform across the UK, Europe, USA, Canada and Asian markets. It allows buyers from across the world to network and meet producers, discover new wines, link up with distributors and enable sales conversations. It also offers ongoing live thought leadership sessions, tastings, and variety and regional explorations to showcase the people, places and processes that make Australian wine far from ordinary. This campaign is the largest Australian wine promotion ever held globally. It’s a first for the Australian wine community and for the global wine trade.
Note Wine Australia is still accepting registrations, with the trade launch effective from 27 April 2021.
- Access detailed info on this platform and register with Wine Australia here.
Additional funding support is offered through WA WINES TO THE WORLD. Assuming producers are also eligible for Wine Australia’s Wine Export Grants, this could mean producers pay as little as 25% of the $2,500 participation fee.
- Register for funding support through WA WINES TO THE WORLD here.
As part of the International Wine Tourism Grant, Australia’s South West has delivered a Tripadvisor Campaign for Wines of Western Australia. This campaign is aimed at Western Australia’s key international markets, UK, USA, New Zealand, Singapore and Malaysia and includes a series of regional wine guides to highlight and raise awareness of the 8 key wine regions in Western Australia.
Even though international travel restrictions still exist, this campaign is aimed at building education and awareness of WA’s wine regions and how they play an integral part of connecting tourism regions, in addition it encourages regional distribution for international travellers for when Australia’s International borders open.
Tripadvisor have created a Wines of Western Australia hub which you can view here.
● Custom travel guides have been created highlighting a range of bookable wine tourism experiences within each wine region
● A centralized landing page has been created which link to each wine guide
● Evergreen content will remain on Tripadvisor
● Wine Guides are promoted via banner advertisements, social media, and content
The campaign will run from 3 March to 30 April 2021.
The Discover Margaret River Wine Experiences campaign has commenced with the launch of the Experiences webpage .
Listings are free for MRWA members and consist of:
1 x image (minimum of 1800 x 1800 pixels)
30 word description
Free to take part and please submit your details here.
eDM to our Western Australian wine lovers
The format will be similar to the SHOP Margaret River Wine from Singapore eDM using your Discover Margaret River Wine Experiences webpage content. View the Singapore eDM here.
Subsidised Cost to participate: $50 / per cellar door and limited to a maximum of 12.
Please email Pip to register your interest.
If you have a Direct to Consumer offer you would like to promote to the wine lovers in Singapore on the MRW Singapore page, please send through the details to Pip.
There is no cost to be listed on the MRW Singapore page and we are taking expressions of interest for the next eDM supporting the Singapore SHOP MRW page for as subsidised fee of $50 + GST. A maximum of 12 wineries will be listed in the eDM to be sent to our 660+ Singaporean contacts. Please let Pip know if you would like to take part.
The SHOP Margaret River Wine page on the MRWA website is designed to promote member offers and direct consumers to your online store.
The page is supported by social media campaigns to drive traffic to the website. Traffic increased by 620% in 2020 (45,577 vs. 6,331), with the SHOP Margaret River Wine the most visited page.
To list an offer or update a current offer please complete this form
Social Media Carousel Ad Opportunity
Building on the success of our social media campaign driving visitation to the SHOP Margaret River Wine page, we have a new opportunity to feature your winery through a series of carousel ad campaigns.
Up-to five like-minded wineries will be grouped into one carousel campaign that will run for either three, five or seven days for $300, $450 or $600 respectively. You may work with fellow wineries and present your group collectively to MRWA if there are specific groups you wish to work with, for example, Small Family Group, Tom Cullity Trail Group, Organic Group or a Langton’s Classification Group, etc. Alternatively, we can group you with who we think will be a strong mix for each carousel.
What will you gain from the carousel ad campaigns?
These ads will allow multiple wineries to link to their corresponding landing pages, therefore bypassing the SHOP Margaret River wine page. This will result in far richer results and inevitably drive further visitation to your website. Your brand will be exposed to the MRWA email database along with lookalike audiences based on the characteristics of these subscribers. That is a collective audience of over 180,000 people who have a high affinity with Margaret River wineries.
For further details, see the proposal here.
To sign-up, click here
Margaret River Wine eDM Opportunity
We have created an exclusive opportunity for 12 wineries per month to feature your online store through a monthly series eDMs to the MRWA consumer database of 7,000+ Margaret River Wine Lovers.
To preview the format, click here to see the April edition.
Spots will be filled 1st-in-best dressed. If you miss this month, we will schedule you for a future month.
Cost per winery: $50 + GST (50% discount)
To sign-up, please contact Pip by email
To assist the wine industry at this time, Endevour Drinks has re-presented Endeavour Marketplace to us.
Using a ‘drop ship model’ Endevour Marketplace allows you to showcase your entire product range through Dan Murphy’s, allowing customers to browse an ‘endless aisle’.
Consignment model: applied as a percentage on the full retail price (excluding GST) sold to customers.
Payment is 10 business days from end of week less commission percentage and shipping fee.
Freight will be charged at a flat per box rate – $6.50 to metro address, $8.50 to regional address.
Pick up/drop off from suppliers nominated address, may need to be post office.
To see full presentation, click here
To watch the video, click here
To learn more, see website
If you have questions or need a hand with signing up email [email protected], one of the team will pick up your query and come back to you from there.
To assist the wine industry at this time, Endevour Drinks has proposed 7 ways to support, including up-ranging local producers to local stores.
What does this ‘local ranging’ look like?
* We’re looking to work with smaller, boutique producers that we can potentially up-range to Dan Murphy’s and / or BWS stores that are geographically close to their own regions, thereby giving these producers increased local bricks and mortar presence
* Wines could be temporarily loaded into our ranging systems for the next ~6 months
* We would need the wine to be delivered ‘direct to store’ to the stores carrying the range
* Our central buying teams will be setting these products up as optionally ranged products for our stores and then it is at the individual stores discretion what and how they merchandise local products in store
What’s the criteria for consideration?
* Given these extraordinary times, we’ve circumvented our normal ranging processes and schedules and will only require minimum criteria to consider the ranging of smaller local wineries, including:
– Wines must meet the quality expectations of the Dan Murphy’s / BWS customer
– Wines must present a commercially viable proposition for both the winery and Dan Murphy’s / BWS.
– Wine must have a barcode applied to the bottle at the winery (we can provide a barcode for you if required!)
– Wines must be delivered by the wineries, direct to the listed stores
– For simplicity, we would like to operate at a net:net cost and apply payment terms of 14 days from receipt of invoice
What’s the process from here?
If you would like to explore this channel to market, please contact:
Rick Blundo, WA Local Ranging, Dan Murphys
To see full presentation, click here