In-town walking tour operator Walk Talk Taste Margaret River is seeking expressions of interest from wine producers interested in being part of a proposed new tour called the Winter Wine Walk. This is at concept stage only - details and venues are yet to be finalised.
- A 4-hour Saturday afternoon walk between cosy in-town venues (4-5 locations) for wine tasting and food at each stop.
- This winter experience combines the sensation of rugging up in the outdoors with slow-food and wine, usually fireside.
- Priority is to showcase wine makers who don’t have a cellar door (others invited to express interest also), local chefs/food producers with interest in the slow food movement
- Journalist to introduce maker, ask a few questions, maker to talk about their wines during tasting
- Potential to expand into summer
When (proposed, may alter): 1-5 pm Saturdays from May-October
- Meet the maker for wine tasting
- Story-telling and secrets
- Slow food by renowned local chefs
- Fresh premium local produce
- No-fee marketing and promotional opportunities
- Your story will be researched and shared by an experienced journalist engaging with high-value wine and food enthusiasts
- Social media and general media exposure - Walk Talk Taste Margaret River has an engaged following on social media and attracts significant national media coverage.
- The tour will require 4-5 makers per Saturday for up-to one hour each (one maker per 45-minute stop). Makers will need to be available on a rotational basis to present their wines for tasting. Commitment frequency will depend on number of producers interested in being involved.
- Please submit expressions of interest to MRWA or contact Kellie Tannock from Walk Talk Taste Margaret River if you’d like to chat on 0401 878261 or [email protected]