Coordinated by Richard Fennessy at DPIRD and again through consultation with AWRI, the Pivot Profile Method was used to evaluate single site samples of 2021 Cabernet Sauvignon and Chardonnay across the region. In order to ensure consistency in the winemaking, samples were collected by Richard directly from wineries post-fermentation which were then finished and bottled in his lab in Bunbury.
The Pivot Profile Method was developed in France in 2014 and is being utilized internationally as a frequency-based, free-descriptive analysis method which has proven to be both robust and inexpensive comparative to many other sensory evaluation protocols.
We are pleased to see that The Margaret River Region Project is continuing to progress and advance towards a comprehensive narrative which combines the science and romance of our region.
Many thanks to Richard Fennessy and the team at DPIRD, Eloise Jarvis and the expert panel.
- Frederique Perrin - Miles from Nowhere
- Brad Wehr - Amato Vino
- Glenn Goodall - Xanadu Wines
- Courtney Treacher - Brookland Valley
- Robert Mann - Corymbia
- Severine Logan - Calneggia Family Vineyards
- Virgina Willcock - Vasse Felix
- Trent Kelly - Credaro Family Estate
- Steve James - Voyager Estate
- Ellin Tritt – Fraser Gallop Estate
- Cath Oates – Oates Ends
- Phil Hutchinson – Leeuwin Estate
- Cliff Royle – Flametree Wines
- Luc Fitzgerald – Juniper
- James Penton – Voyager Estate