Latest Update – 2 April 2020
COVID-19 information is constantly changing and we will do our best to update this page. We urge MRWA members to refer to the important links below for the latest information when making commercial decisions.
Updates from Australian Grape & Wine
- How you can maintain the Essential business status for the grape and wine sector – Fact Sheet
- Guidance on how to manage an assumed or confirmed case of Coronavirus in your business – Fact Sheet
- Cleaning and Disinfection Guidelines – Fact Sheet
For more information, see Australian Grape & Wine’s dedicated COVID-19 Webpage
Wine Producer WA Liquor Licensing Restrictions
On Friday 27 March, an amended section 31 notice was published in the Government Gazette which clarifies the restrictions relating to the sale of packaged liquor.
The Liquor Control (Section 31) Notice (No.2) 2020 specifies that a customer means a person other than a liquor merchant but does not include a person outside of Western Australia. This allows licensees to continue to sell unrestricted quantities of liquor to liquor merchants in Western Australia and other people and liquor merchants outside of Western Australia.
The notice also specifies an increased quantity for wine producers, to allow one case to be sold per customer per week. This applies to retail transactions to customers in Western Australia only.
Stage 1 Restrictions on Social Gatherings
Stage 1 restrictions on social gatherings were implemented in WA on 22 March. Western Australians should expect these measures to be in place for at least 6 months.
The following facilities will be restricted from opening from midday local time 23 March 2020:
- Pubs, registered and licenced clubs (excluding bottle shops attached to these venues), hotels (excluding accommodation)
- Restaurants and cafes will be restricted to takeaway and/or home delivery
Cellar Doors therefore can continue to operate at this stage, however tastings are not allowed, but takeaway sales of wine and other food/beverages can be sold for consumption off-premises.
- Australian Government Department of Health – Latest News
- Australian Government Department of Health – Resources
- WA State Government Department of Health Latest News
- World Health Organization Latest News
- Stop the Spread Poster
- Beyond Blue
- The Australian Government Department of Treasury – For Business
- The Australian Tax Office – COVID-19 – for temporary reduction of payments or deferrals
- The Australian Government – Assistance for severely affected regions and sectors
- Instant the instant asset write-off threshold of $150,000 for businesses
- $1 billion Assistance for support for regions, communities and industry sectors – Fact Sheet
- The Australian Government Cash flow Assistance for Businesses – Fact Sheet
- WA State Government Small Business Development Corporation stimulus packages
- WA State Government Small Business Development Corporation – webinars
- Chamber of Commerce and Industry WA responding to COVID-19
- Shire of Augusta Margaret River Covid-19 Care Package
- Safe Work Australia
- WorkSafe WA
- Coronavirus and Australian workplace laws
- ACCC advice to consumers
- Temporary Relief for financially distressed businesses – Fact Sheet
- Australian Banking Association Small Business Relief
- Financial Counsellors’ Association
- National Debt Helpline
- Information Sheets for Employers
- JobKeeper Payment – Fact Sheet
- Boosting Cash Flow for Employers
- Working From Home checklist
- External Parties Covid-19 Self-Screening form
- Staff Covid-19 Screening form
- Dept Home Affairs Information for visa holders and applicants