All Western Australian Wine Producers are required to pay an annual Fee for Service to the Agricultural Produce Commission (APC); a statutory authority established in Western Australia by the Agricultural Produce Commission Act of 1988.
A portion of the Fee for Service is provided to Margaret River Wine Association and in exchange the producer receives membership benefits.
Margaret River GI grape growers are invited to join the Association on an annual basis.
Wine Industry Related Businesses
Wine industry related businesses may become a Commercial Member of the Association.
Commercial Members wishing to receive additional benefits and promotional opportunities can take advantage of a number of sponsorship packages.
The Margaret River Wine Association is the voice of the Margaret River wine industry, representing wine grape growers, wine producers and commercial enterprises aligned and affiliated with the Margaret River Wine Region. The Association continues to utilise our region’s focus on wine excellence and natural attractions as a point of distinction within Australia and internationally.
It is responsible for:
- Creating opportunities for members to market and promote their product through organised events and ongoing national and international regional profiling initiatives
- Marketing Margaret River as a region of distinction to national and international wine markets
- Representing members on all matters relating to the wine industry at all levels of industry, corporate and government
- Promoting industry development through research, education and training opportunities
- Initiatives such as the Margaret River Wine Show and Viticultural Excellence award which encourage and promote excellence in the production of wine grape growing and wine production
Some of the areas which the Association continues to represent the Margaret River wine industry and provide services to members include:
- The Langton’s Margaret River Wine Show and Halliday Australian Cabernet Challenge
- Collaboration with tourism to take Margaret River On Tour
- Working cooperatively with other wine bodies to achieved a positive outcomes for the wine industry
- Continual review of our Strategic Plan which will position Margaret River as one of the world’s most compelling fine wine experiences
- Maintaining international partnerships with organisations such as Decanter and the Margaret River Gourmet Escape